NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
These are the Official Rules of the EPI Arts & Crafts Pack Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). By entering or attempting to enter the Sweepstakes, you are deemed an “Entrant” and affirm that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and their requirements, conditions and limitations. Agreement to and compliance with these Official Rules is a condition of winning a prize.
- Sponsor. The Sweepstakes is offered and sponsored by Educational Products, Inc. (“EPI” or “Sponsor”).
- Overview. The EPI Arts & Crafts Pack Sweepstakes is a sweepstakes promotion in which participants may enter for a chance to win an arts and crafts pack from EPI valued at over $250.00, perfect for elementary school children to express their creativity, as well as other school supply packs.
- Entry Period. The Sweepstakes will begin on February 10, 2020 and will end on March 31, 2020. All start times will be 12:00 a.m. and all end times will be 11:59 p.m. All times will be Eastern Time. An entry must be received within the Entry Period to be eligible to win one of the Prizes.
- Eligibility. To be eligible to enter or to win a Prize, an Entrant must, at the time of entry: (a) be a legal resident of the United States; (b) be 18 years old or have reached the age of majority in Entrant’s state of residence; and (c) not be an employee, officer, director or agent of any Sponsor or Released Party, or any of their respective parent, grandparent, subsidiary or affiliate companies (“Non-Eligible Employee”), or an immediate family member (parents, siblings, children and their respective spouses, whether biological, step or in-law, and regardless of residency) of a Non-Eligible Employee, nor may they be an individual residing at least three months out of the year in the same household as a Non-Eligible Employee or his/her immediate family member, whether or not related. Agreement to and compliance with these Official Rules is also a requirement of eligibility.
- Prizes; Odds of Winning. Following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, a drawing will be held on April 8, 2020, where entries will be selected at random for the following awards (each a “Prize”):
Grand Prize (1 total): EPI Arts and Crafts pack (approximate retail value $250)
Secondary Prizes (5 total): EPI School Supply Pack (approximate value of each $50)
The total approximate value of all Prizes awarded is $450. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries at the time of drawing. Allow a reasonable time for the delivery of Prizes once Winner has been verified. Delivery will be made to the address listed at time of Entry. Prizes may not be substituted by Prize Winner, redeemed for cash value, or transferred by Prize Winner to any third party. If any Prize is lost, destroyed, or stolen it will not be replaced. Prize Winner is solely responsible for all federal, state, and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the use, acceptance or possession of any Prize.
- How to Enter. To enter one of the Sweepstakes, visit EPI’s website at https://promotion.educationalproducts.com/artsandcrafts during the Entry Period and enter the requested information. Limit one entry per person. The above method of entry is not required to enter the Sweepstakes. In addition, Entrants may enter the Sweepstakes by using the following alternate means of entry: Entrants may receive one (1) entry by legibly printing the Entrant's name, street address, city, province/state, postal code, telephone number and the name of this Sweepstakes, on a 3 x 5 inch (or 7.5 x 12.5 cm) piece of paper and mailing it to EPI Arts & Crafts Sweepstakes, Attn: Jennie O’Leary, 4100 N. Sam Houston Pkwy W, Suite 250, Houston, TX 77086. This must be received within an applicable Entry Period and the Entry will apply to the Sweepstakes in operation at the time of receipt. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any attempted entries received after the close of the Sweepstakes Period, or which are not in compliance with these Official Rules, will not be accepted.
- Grant of Rights. By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, each Entrant hereby: (i) consents to Sponsor contacting Entrant through the contact information provided in the Entry for purposes relating to this Sweepstakes, (ii) consents to being contacted by Sponsor through the contact provided in the Entry for purposes relating to marketing of Sponsor’s products and services; and (ii) if selected as a Prize Winner, consents to the use of the Name, School Name, Town and State of Residence in future promotional or marketing materials of Sponsor. In addition, all Prize Winners must agree to execute any documents requested by Sponsor to formalize this Grant of Rights.
- Winner Selection. Valid Entries received within the Entry Period will be eligible to win one of the Prizes. Winners will be selected by random drawing on April 8, 2020. All entries selected to win are potential winning entries until verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding without the right of appeal in all matters pertaining to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes, including the determination of eligibility and the selection and verification of prize winners.
- Notification of Winners: Sponsor will attempt to contact potential prize winners using the email address and/or phone number provided at the time of Entry. Two (2) contact attempts to reach potential prizes winner will be made within two (2) business days following the drawing. If no response is received by Sponsor within 24 hours from the second attempt at contact, the prize may be forfeited and another winner selected. Potential prize winners are solely responsible for (a) providing current, accurate contact information as requested by these Official Rules; (b) confirming Sponsor receives any updated or corrected contact information in the event of any changes; and/or (c) verifying ability to receive communications from Sponsor’s agents or employees which, as applicable, could include allowing phone call from an unlisted/blocked number, adjusting email spam filters, enabling messaging through social media providers. Forfeiture of any prize and the selection of an alternate prize winner may result from any of the following, which shall be at the sole discretion and judgment of Sponsor: (a) failure, for any reason, to make contact with Sponsor within the required time period; (b) failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of eligibility (including age, identity, and residence); or (c) failure to comply with any component of these Official Rules.
- Release. By participating in or attempting to participate in the Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Sponsor, Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and/or designees, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, employees and agents, as well as all non-affiliated entities and social media platforms ("Released Parties") from and against any and all demands, claims, liability, costs, attorneys’ fees, losses, damages, or cause of action, including, without limitation, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of or relating to, in whole or part, directly or indirectly, from (a) decisions made in the administration of the Sweepstakes and enforcement of these Official Rules, (b) Entrant’s participation or attempted participation in the Sweepstakes; (c) the acceptance, possession, misuse, use, or award of any Prize awarded in the Sweepstakes, and/or (d) any and all claims based on any Entry, including but not limited to any claim of defamation, libel or violation of any intellectual property interest or any publicity, moral or privacy right. Entrant expressly waives all rights under any state statute that may be found to be applicable to this general release, including for example California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides, “A general release does not extend to claims that the creditor or releasing party does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release and that, if known by him or her, would have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor or released party.”
- Limitation of Liability. Sponsor and Released Parties shall not be responsible for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, theft or destruction, or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials or Sponsor’s website or social media accounts, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions of any kind, or inaccurate transmission of, or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor for any reason. Sponsor and Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrant's or to any other person's mobile device, computer, or other electronic device related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR, RELEASED PARTIES, PRIZE PROVIDERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, AND/OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, LOST PROFITS, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE, OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES.
- Disputes. BY PARTICIPATING OR ATTEMPTING TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT, SPONSOR AND RELEASED PARTIES AGREE that all disputes, claims or causes of action arising out of or relating to the Sweepstakes or the Parties’ relationship with respect thereto shall be resolved (a) individually, without resort to any form of class action; (b) exclusively, in the State or Federal Courts located in Houston, Texas; (c) based solely on Texas substantive law, without application of conflict of laws principles; (d) in a trial to the court. PLEASE BE ADVISED: ENTRANT IS GIVING UP THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE AS A CLASS REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS MEMBER ON ANY CLASS CLAIM AGAINST SPONSOR. ENTRANT IS EXPRESSLY WAIVING THE RIGHT TO TRIAL BY JURY. ENTRANT IS CONSENTING TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION AND VENUE OF THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS LOCATED IN HOUSTON, TEXAS. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES THAT ANY SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE CONCLUSION OF THE ENTRY PERIOD OR BE FOREVER BANNED.
- Additional Terms. This Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. All entries, requests and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, delay, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, in any manner deemed appropriate by Sponsor, due to any act of God, war, or terrorism, natural disaster, weather, fraud, technical, software or hardware failure or malfunction, or if any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. Entries generated by a robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated means will be disqualified. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Winners List: For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope for receipt by 6/1/2020 to: EPI Arts & Crafts Sweepstakes - Winners List Request, Attn: Jennie O’Leary, 4100 N. Sam Houston Pkwy W, Suite 250, Houston, TX 77086.
Copyright © 2020 Educational Products, Inc. All rights reserved.